NHS Dental Treatment
We have a contract with the NHS to provide all treatments necessary to secure and maintain your oral health. NHS dental treatment is available to everyone and you do not have to be in receipt of a benefit to receive this service.
While NHS dental treatment is free for “exempt” patients (see Payment Exemption Rules below), there is a standard chargeable fee for others (see NHS Price List). These NHS prices are standard and set by the government and will apply to any NHS dentistry across England. While we are able to provide a high volume of NHS treatments and see many patients, our annual contract with the NHS is limited and we will inform you if unable to treat you as an NHS patient in any given period.
We also provide a range of private treatment options for patients who choose to have treatment that is not available in our NHS contract, such as the provision of cosmetic dentistry.
NHS Dental Treatment Prices
|Band 1. Diagnosis, treatment planning and maintenance||Clinical examination could include: radiographs (X-Rays), scale and polish (only if judged to be clinically necessary), preventive work such as oral health assessment, study models, denture eases.||£22.70|
As we do not charge for missed appointments or late cancellations for NHS work, if you fail to attend or to change or cancel an appointment without 24 hours notice twice, we reserve the right to no longer treat you.
For more advice on receiving help with the cost on NHS dental treatment, go to www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk and click ‘Help with health cost’.
You pay nothing for your NHS dental treatments if any of the following apply:
- You are under 18 years of age
- You are 18 (not older) and in full-time education
- You are pregnant
- You had a baby in the last 12 months
- You or your partner (living at the same address) receive:
- Income Support
- Income-related Employment & Support Allowance
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
- You are named on a valid HC2 Certificate
- You are named on a valid NHS Tax Credit Exemption Certificate (Card)
- You are entitled to an NHS Tax Credit Exemption Certificate